Real Estate Email Discussion Group
WHAT IT IS
This is an on-line commercial real estate community geared to those who work with commercial real estate as their career. Subscribers send messages to one E-mail address, and all other subscribers automatically receive the message in their designated E-mail in-box. Topics of posts may include matters relating to purchase or sale, title, zoning, land use and development, or commercial construction, as well as new cases and statutes. This is a good way to ask the subscribers questions about difficult topics, as well as a way to keep up with current events.Subscribers must be Texas attorneys, judicial personnel, academicians, or other professionals actively working in commercial real estate.
WHAT IT IS NOT
It is not a forum for lay persons with personal real estate questions, nor is it a forum to buy or sell or fund commercial real estate.
Glenn Karisch, author of the Texas Probate Website, www.texasprobate.com, hosts an E-mail discussion group on probate and estate planning topics. This list has over 800 subscribers and has been an invaluable tool in my practice. It educates us, allows professional interaction and discourse on common issues, allows us to respond more quickly, find and tap other resources when necessary, and ultimately makes us more valuable to our clients.
EXAMPLES OF APPROPRIATE POSTS
- "I need a referral for a title company/environmental firm/surveyor in El Paso."
- "I am curious as to how our others are going to change their advice to their clients in light of House Bill 123 [or the recently decided case of ___]?"
- "Has anyone had to value a ranch with fractional interests and if so, what sort of discount did you use?"
- "I have a matter going before the City of Plano's board of adjustment; is anyone familiar with its members?"
- "Does anyone know what City of Dallas zoning category a tile and coping supply yard is in?"
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE OR UNSUBSCRIBE TO DISCUSSION GROUP
- To subscribe to the Commercial Real Estate Email Discussion Group, send a blank Email by clicking here.
- To unsubscribe to the Commercial Real Estate Email Discussion Group, send a blank Email by clicking here.
Following are the policies of the Enviropinions Email Discussion Group:
- Prohibited Posts. Business solicitations, direct advertising, employment notices, posts seeking employment, spam, unsolicited bulk E-mail, posts with attachments, are all prohibited.
- Permissible Posts. Announcements of the new addresses or web sites of list members, announcements of new publications (on the web or otherwise) or upcoming speeches on relevant legal topics, requests for information about commercial real estate attorneys or professionals who practice in a different part of the state or country are permitted.
- Subject Line. Please make your subject line for each post as specific as possible (e.g. "Need referral in Tyler")
- You Must Identify Yourself. In each post include your full name, the name of your firm or business, what city you are in, and indicate your position. Non-attorneys who post to the list should clearly include that fact in your posts. Subscribers shall not impersonate any person, or communicate under a false name or a name that you are not entitled or authorized to use.
- Plain text posts. Please send messages in plain text format, not enhanced or HTML format, unless absolutely necessary.
- Non-confidentiality of postings. All postings to the list and all responses to postings are non-confidential. All subscribers to this list shall be free to copy, print, reproduce, use, disclose or distribute any of the information that is set forth in such responses provided proper credit is given to the source of the same.
- Private Replies to Posts. If a reply will be irrelevant to the list members, please respond to the poster privately off-list. Reserve reply posts to the list to those that will benefit the entire community.
- Do Not Rely on Postings. Do not rely on the correctness or accuracy of any posting to the list. Postings to the list are general discussions and do not constitute legal advice. List members should make every effort to provide accurate and authoritative information in regard to the subject matters that are covered. However, the list owner does not monitor or review such information for accuracy or appropriateness, nor does the list owner determine if the subscribers who are submitting postings are who they say they are or that they are engaged in the business of rendering of legal, accounting, or other professional advice or services. The content of this list is provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement, to the extent such exclusions are permitted by law. The content of this list may from time to include technical inaccuracies or typographical error, and changes may be made to its content from time to time without notice.
- List owner. Mark McPherson of McPherson LawFirm, PC, Dallas, Texas, is the owner and manager of the Enviropinions Real Estate E-mail Discussion Group. This list is provided at his cost, and he reserves the right to make decisions about the list.